Nothing says spring/ summer like an anklet and this one is exceptionally stunning with the bonus of sparkly crystals. It almost makes me want to pull out the razor, fake tan my legs and pop on my jean shorts, but since it’s still a bit chilly, I’ll just settle for getting my jewellery wardrobe summer ready.
Now, all your friends and family are going to want one of these so to save on cost you could use fire polished or round beads instead of Swarovski or even just use another row of seeds in size 8o. This little project will roughly take you a couple of hours and depending on what beads you choose roughly around £10-£15.
You will need:
5g Toho Size11 Seed Beads - PF551 (A)
5g Toho Size 11 Seed Beads - 617 (B)
121 x 3mm Swarovski Bicones - Amethyst (C)
2g Toho Size 15 Seed Beads - PF551(D)
30 x 4mm Swarovski Bi- cones - Rose Peach AB (E)
2 x Jump Rings n Claps
- Pick up 4 (A) and go through them all again to turn into a ring.
- Pick up 3(A) and go back into the (A) you’re coming out of from the other side. Move forward through two of the new (A). This is Right Angle Weave (RAW).
length you want it.
- Move forward through two of the new (A). Repeat steps 2 and 3 all the way along until your anklet is the
- We’re going to add in anoth- er row of RAW now. Coming out of a side (A) pick up 3(B) and go back into the (A) you’re coming out of from the opposite side. Go up into the first (B).
- Pick up 2(B) and bring your needle into the next (A) along on the side row towards the beads you’ve just added.
- Now go into the (B) you originally came out of in step 4 and the two new (B) beads and through the next (A) along on the side row.
- Pick up 2(B) and go down into the second (B) from the previous step.
- Now go back into the (A) you came out of and up into the first (B) of the two you’ve just added.
9 Continue alternating how you add on your (B) beads using steps 5-8 all the way along. Finish by coming out of a side (B).
10 Pick up 1(A) and go into the next (B) along on this row. Continue adding (A) beads all the way along.
11 Weave around to come out of a side (A) on the other side of your anklet. As in Steps 4-9 repeat on this side using (C) beads.
12 Coming out of a side (C) bead pick up 3(D), 1(E), 3(D).
13. Miss out the last 3(D) and go back up the (E) and the first (D).
14. Pick up 2(D) and go back into the (C) you originally came out of. Weave around to miss the next (C) along and go into the one after.
15. Continue adding beads as in steps 12 and 14 all the way along. When you’ve finished the row weave around to the first (B) at the end of your anklet. Pick up 6(B) and go back into the (B) you’re coming out of from the op- posite side.
16. Weave forward though the first (B) just added on your loop and pick up 1(D). Go into the next (B) on your loop. Repeat four more times. Reinforce and weave off your threads. Repeat on other end of your anklet and then attach jump rings and a clasp.